Yirara College, a culturally diverse community, strives to develop living skills, worldviews and Christian faith, enabling people to respect and live out their spiritual and cultural identities.
- That all programs, activities and relationships be informed by the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- That Christian staff are critical in modelling lifestyles based on the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- That the gifts of love, forgiveness and salvation through Jesus Christ transcend all cultural barriers.
- That the core message of Christ’s sacrifice and our salvation through him be the basis of students’ spiritual development and that scriptural truths not be confused with cultural norms.
- That the College work to support Aboriginal Christian communities by developing Christian knowledge and skills which prepare students for active Christian lives.
Living Skills and World Views
- That learning outcomes be relevant to the life context of the students
- That Yirara College develop the skills, understandings and attitudes that students require to operate effectively and independently in non-indigenous society, in particular English reading and writing; the basis of non-indigenous governance, education, economic and legal systems; norms of behaviour and interaction.